Here is one of our favorite dishes to make for dinner. I made it for a friend last night and she said she enjoyed it too! I got it from a blog. Some of my favorite recipes I have found on blogs!This recipe definitely takes a bit of multi-tasking:) I start the pasta , then start the veggies, and start the onions,all sort of at the same time.
Ingredients:
1 package(12oz) Penne pasta(I use whole wheat penne with flax)
3 zucchini squash, chopped
2 yellow squash, chopped(optional)
4 carrots, julienned
2 red peppers, julienned
1/2 pint grape tomatoes( optional, we don't add tomatoes when we make this)
2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 bunch of asparagus, julienned or cut in half if skinny ones
1 tea garlic salt
1/2 tea black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tab lemon juice
1 Tab Italian seasoning
1 Medium onion
2 Tab chopped garlic
3-8 Tab Balsamic Vinegar
Parmesan or Romano cheese(or both!)
In a bowl toss all the above veggies with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 Tbs of lemon juice, 1 Tbs Italian seasoning, 1 tea of garlic salt, 1/2 tea pepper. Dump veggies onto a foil lined cookie sheet. Bake at 450 until veggies are roasted and semi soft.
Cook pasta until al dente,(about 12 mintues) drain, rinse and set aside
While veggies are in the oven add 1 Tab of olive oil to a sauce pan, add 1-2 Tab of chopped garlic and 1 medium sized onion(chopped) Saute until onion looks soft
Add to pasta, roasted veggies. Mix cooked onions with 3 Tab Balsamic vinegar, add this to pasta. I usually add another 3-4 Tab of balsamic vinegar to the pasta and a little more garlic salt.(or add to your taste, some like more salt other like no salt)
When I bring this to others I usually BBQ a few chicken breasts and slice them and set them on top of the pasta.
Toss with Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese.
Let me know if you try this recipe and what you think of it!Sorry I dont have a picture to post
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
This looks amazing! but, is zucchini squash the same as plain zucchini? and yellow squash- is it butternut squash?
I'll make it and let you know how it goes...
Zucchini is zucchini:) And yellow squash is "yellow zucchini!"
Yum!! My kids love pasta, I am going to give this a go, and a good way to get them to eat vege!!!
Post a Comment