Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sports clinic

I have no idea how in 3 years I have never come to know a lady named Tami until last week. Everyone who knows me knows I am on listserv's, and I rally to create stronger communities for people with limb differences. Tami does the same. She runs Seattle Adaptive sports, a place where people with differences(not only limb but many things/conditions) get together, compete, train and have fun athletically.She goes to schools and teaches people how to adapt their programs to work for everyone. We were invited to a sports clinic Saturday, they were teaching how to use racing chairs. The man teaching the clinic was in the paralympics and helped design the racing chairs. Logan tried the softball/shot put but had no interest in the chairs, my hope is one day for him to try out wheelchair basketball, I think he would love it!. Did you know that you can get scholarships for college when playing adaptive sports. I'm so pumped about finding this organization. Check them out:
www.seattleadaptivesports.org

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds great Jenna! I'm glad you found it and are excited about it.