Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Playdough cookies





Logan has been interested in baking lately. In the past couple of weeks we have made several treats. This morning I found this recipe for playdough cookies on someone's blog. It looked like so much fun, so we tried it. It was fun, easy and the cookies taste great! I recommend trying this.Here Is the recipe and above photos from our little baking day. (I didn't get a picture of the rolling out the ball)

3/4 C butter

3 ounces cream cheese

1 cup white sugar

1 egg

1 t vanilla extract

2 and 3/4 C flour

1 t baking powder

1/4 t salt

assorted food coloring

1. In a bowl cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.

2. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.

Stir until soft dough forms. Divide dough into Fourths.

Tint each with a different food coloring.

Wrap in plastic and chill for two hours.

3. Preheat oven to 350. Shape colors into 3/4 inch balls. For each cookie place one pink, one orange, one green, and one blue ball together and roll to make one giant ball.

Roll into a 12 inch long snake, and then starting at one end coil roll to make a cookie.

Place cookies 2 to 3 inches apart on greased cookie sheet to allow for spreading.

4. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool and store in an airtight container.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Nice job Logan. Auntie and cousin are gonna try!

Kelly Glenn said...

I'm glad you weren't eating actual Playdoh! Looks like they were yummy!

Winbrooke said...

oooh, those do look good. I need a reason to use up my food coloring from whole foods for my christmas cookies! tegan will love it! thanks for sharing.

Misti said...

Whatever Martha Stewart :)
Entertaining as usual you are Jenna.

Hugs!

Lizzie said...

Wow, I thought it was real playdough! I can't wait to do this with the girls, they will love it! Thanks.

Carol Gerzsenye said...

Jenna,
I love this blog. Thanks for updating it so often, and for the great pictures! We love you all. Love, Dad & Carol