I just had to share what happend to me today at swimming.
We arrived a bit early to swimming. Logan wore sweat pants and walked in. We sat down next to a lady and her daughter who was about 7 years old. I think the girl got a glimpse of Logan's leg, but I'm not sure if she saw it, or noticed it was very skinny. She sat there for a while looking .
She then leaned to her mom and whispered something. I just looked away. After the whispers I noticed she was looking again. I decided to speak up. Here's how the conversation went:
Me:" I noticed you saw that Logan's leg looks a bit different, would you like to see it? "
little girl: a simple nod.
Little girls mom: "Wow , you are right honey, he does have a VERY FANTASTIC leg!! "
OK wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone had this reaction. It really made my day to hear such love, kindness and compassion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Thanks for sharing that moment, I know not all "staring" is driven from negativity, I believe most is curiosity and, yes, amazement. I think most people look at your family and just can,t believe God placed all that love and good looks in one family. Love Dad & Carol
This is awesome and just warmed my heart! It is good to know that there are people out there that recognize what we all see--the wonderfulness of that little man! =)
Maureen
That is such a nice story Jenna. Thanks for sharing :)
I was holding my breath thinking that the ending to that story would be different... when I read the end, a big smile broke out onto my face! A fantastic story about a fantastic leg!!!
How great is that Jenna!! It is so nice to hear positive stories, it too made me smile:)
That is so cool sis! I'm sure that is what Hayden is thinking too!!!
Shay
That is precious Jenna. You are amazing.
Post a Comment