


Today we went to an event put on by The Amputee Coalition of America(ACA). It was called, Amputee Empowerment Day. There were booths and lectures.Logan made a beautiful sun visor art project. We were the only family of a little one there, but I hope next year more friends will join us. I'm so thankful that we went today and feel so fortunate to have met many adults with limb differences, they will be great mentors to us and be such useful resources now and in the future. For those of you in our area don't forget about the Family Social on Oct. 19th!!(and anyone who wants to fly up, you are welcome to come too!:))
5 comments:
That is so cool! I wish I could've been there with you guys.
How fabulous, and what a great idea! Glad to hear you went along and had a great time. i bet Logan was a star!
AWESOME!! I hadn't heard of this Day...normally the ACA doesn't have anything going on near us here in MD. So glad you could go, I've often thought we should take Chloe to something like this so she could meet other little ones with limb differences! Thanks for sharing.....where do you live again??
Seattle, WA, call the ACA and get a list of events or ask them. I know they have a golf thing in maryland.
Post a Comment